Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Emerald City Comicon (Seattle) 3/3/2013

Last Sunday (3/3), I had the great privilege of attending the "Emerald City Comicon". This was my 2nd Comicon I had ever been a part of. The 1st was the "Bellingham Comicon, at which I did some selling from my large comic book and memorabilia collection. I was not able to get a table at the E.C.C., because they were booked up very early. I went to this one with the intention of talking with some of the comic book dealers about the possibility of the purchase of my comics, and to leave them my business card.But, that was definitely not my only reason for being there (at the huge "Washington State Convention Center").

There was a vast selection of special guests who were invited to the Comicon, which included classic and current comic book artists & writers, as well as a host of Movie & TV stars (classic and current), and other special speakers. I decided to go to get signatures of some of my all-time favorite comic book artists and writers, right off the bat. The first one I wanted to go see----of course----was my very favorite artist,Neal Adams, who graciously signed my over-sized comic book. Then, I was off for more signatures from other great artists; Mike Grell & Howard Chaykin, and great writers; Denny O'Neil & Gerry Conway. I proceeded to go talk to comic book dealers after that, as well as seeing all the sights and crazy costumes.

I decided after that to go after that to get celebrity autographs. The first one I went to see was Dirk Benedict (Starbuck-Battlestar Galactica & Face-The A Team). He was enjoyable to talk to. Then, I went to see two of my all-time favorite TV heroes; Adam West & Burt Ward (TV's Batman & Robin). It was fantastic to meet them and get their autographs, too.

The convention was a blast. I only wish they'd have had something like this that I could have gone to when I collected comic books as a teenager and into my 20's.     WOW, it was a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment